Feisol is pretty well established brand among Tripod manufacturers, maybe not known as Gitzo.
My initial candidates were Gitzo GT3542, Induro 8X CT-314 and Bendro carbon tripods before i considered Feisol CT 3442 Rapid.
Gitzo is famous for making super-high quality tripods, which are almost as good as RRS (Really Right Stuff) but also very expensive ones, Induro on other hand offers great performance/price ratio, but unfortunately I haven´t found any local shop where i could try it before purchase.
I knew there can be no compromise, safety of my gear was my top priority and those high-quality tripods are investment lasting almost forever. At least those were my arguments, when I tried justifing my purchase, but problem was I never liked using tripods so far, I was first sceptical how could expensive tripod changed my negative attitude, so I decided to wait and searched for little longer.
– It needs to be Carbon fiber tripod – Carbon fiber tripods are lighter than aluminum versions, carbon fiber also better dampens vibrations and feels better in colder enviroments.
– It has to be super sturdy, reliable and stable even during extreme conditions with every gear i have – constant fear and necessarity being always close for stability checks is not an option.
– My camera has to be on eye level when tripod legs are fully extended – It really saves a lot of time if you know that full legs extension gives you perfect height.
– Minimal height must be below 20cm.
– Folded length must be below 50cm with head attached for maximum compactness.
– Most importantly… It must be pretty 🙂